Friday, September 25, 2009

My blog probably jumped the shark a little while ago, but I have no real self-control and just continued to write. In retrospect I should probably have finished up at fifty entries and called it 'Fifty First Blogs' or something witty like that. Now, though, that I'm up to 100 posts and today marks exactly six months since I started blogging I've decided to end it once and for all.
Lauren Perkins claimed that the thoughts I blogged about were always cynical and pessimistic (yes, when she did finally grasp the idea of what a blog was she was scathing) and she is kind of right. My favourite quote of all time is Janeane Garofalo's classic "The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth." So putting Perkin's constructive criticism to good use I've created a new blog which will only feature things I like (photos, music, videos and some writing). Also in lieu of my writing here I will also contribute to sick twisted nightmare, a joint blog with my second best friend Nicola Cooper, which features a collection of aesthetically challeneged ephemera.
I thoroughly enjoyed writing vague and uneducated thoughts on the cultural landmarks of 2009 (there were entries on Twilight, the financial crisis, swine flu and Michael Jackson) as well as snidely reporting the quotes and habits of my friends and co-workers (my dad thought my blog was espescially harsh on Sophie, ironic as she is my biggest, and perhaps only, fan) but in the immortal words of Nelly Furtardo 'all good things come to an end', so I'm outtie.