Friday, July 24, 2009

Stuff White People Like by Christian Lander is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read. So much so, I had no qualms handing over $25 for it, which for me is an epic feat. The book is simply a list of stuff 'white people' (ie. pretentious hipsters) like, and although it basically sends up my entire existence (included on the list are some of my all-time favourite things, with a sarcastically droll description of each; High School English Teachers, Hating People Who Wear Ed Hardy, The Ivy League and Sweaters- "young white people think it is very cool to wear clothes that are popular with senior citizens") I'm totally okay with it. This probably has something to do with the fact white people like self-deprecating humour (it's #103 on the list).
If, unlike me, you don't want to pay for Stuff White People Like in book form you can check it out free of charge here