Wednesday, April 1, 2009

From time to time (okay, so it may be more frequent than that) I wonder if Miley Cyrus is a virgin. Although most people claim I am 'a sick freak' for thinking about the sex life of a sixteen year old, it is undoubtably a very polarising question. On the 'yes' side: she is a strict Christian and a Disney star. On the 'no' side: her dance moves in 'See You Again' hardly scream chastity and she dates a 20 year old. This same thought about virginity and child stars crosses my mind everytime I see River Phoenix in Stand By Me. Was he a virgin when he made that movie? 'Yes': he was only fourteen. 'No': he was a very mature fourteen year old. This question was answered the other day when reading a magazine article in which Rob Reiner (Stand By Me's director) fondly recalled how Phoenix lost his virginity in a tent on the set of the film. Anyway, this all just goes to show how some of my 'demented, perverted' questions eventually get answered. I am one day hoping for similar closure in the case of Miley Cyrus.