Wednesday, March 25, 2009




It may come as a suprise to many that I am a big believer in the 'less is more' theory. Despite my penchant for revealling intricate and inappropriate details, I believe that it is better to conceal rather than reveal, creating an aloof and mysterious impression. It seems strange then that I am about to start this blog detailling my mediocre activities and mundane thoughts. Yet there are two good reasons why I am doing so. The first comes after research showing that in these tech-savvy times you are more or less a no one if you do not blog. "To not be online is to effectively not exist". And really, who wants to be a persona non-grata? A friend, Lauren Perkins, recently asked me, without a hint of embarrassment, "What's a blog?". This obtuse statement may explain why her popularity is plummeting. The second reason is that today marks exactly six months since I graduated from high school. This caused sudden panic as I realised that my I.Q has now been in rapid decline for half a year. The most I write these days are the words "matte" and "gloss" at my job in the photo store. But not only have I forgotten how to string proper sentences together, I have lost other virtuous qualities school instilled in me, such as a vague work ethic, so I have started this blog as a means of retrieving them.